Fairplex , Pomona, California
Fiber Fair hours: Saturday 10-6 and Sunday 10-4
We are so excited to have you join us for this inaugural event! We hope this will be the first of many years to follow.
NOTE: Please do not pay booth fees until your vendor application has been accepted and approved. Click here for vendor application
1. Event Hours:
Move-in/Setup: Friday 11/17/2023 10:00am-5:00pm
Day One: Saturday 11/18/2023 10:00am-6:00pm
Day Two: Sunday 11/19/2023 10:00am-4:00pm
Tear-Down/Move Out: Sunday 11/19/2023 4:00pm-9:00pm
2. Vendors must remain open during festival hours and may not begin breaking down until fair closing time. Booth set-up may not begin until 10:00am on Friday 11/17/23.
3. Booth fees and Info: We are asking vendors to “pay what you are able” between $250-$500 per 10’ x 10’ space. This first year pricing is in place to help vendors recoup losses they may have incurred due to cancellations of other fiber events. As of now, a single vendor may reserve up to two (2) spaces. If you are interested in more, please make a note on your vendor application and we can let you know if additional space is available as the event nears.
We will provide one 6’ table and 2 folding chairs per vendor space.
Each booth will include tall drape along the back and half drape on the sides.
Booth fees are due within 7 days of acceptance of application.
Space is not reserved until contract is signed and booth fees are received in full.
Pay booth fees here
4. Booth set-up must be within the confines of your assigned space. No displays, signs, etc. may extend into the aisle or into other vendor booths. No music of any kind may be played in your booth.
5. No covers/roofs on EZ-ups or other structures are allowed.
6. Booth placement at the discretion of SoCal Fiber Fair team.
7. Vendor must comply with all Fire and safety regulations as set forth in this contract or that may arise at the event. Failure to do so may result in removal from the Fair with no refund.
8. No animals will be allowed in the buildings except those permitted by building use and those assisting the disabled (service animals) or law enforcement.
9. Sale of food and beverages is prohibited. All food, beverage, and sundries offerings must be through Ovations Fanfare, L.P. dba Spectra Food Services & Hospitality.
10. Each vendor must provide proof of Comprehensive general liability insurance, and where appropriate, product liability insurance with limits not less than $1,000,000.00 (One Million Dollars) combined single limit for bodily injury and property damage. Comprehensive general liability insurance certificates and product liability insurance certificates shall name, as additional insureds, Ovations Fanfare, L.P. d/b/a/ OVG, City of Pomona, Los Angeles County Fair Association, dba Fairplex, and the County of Los Angeles, and all owned or related entities, its officers, directors, employees, customers, distributors, suppliers, and agents.
11. California State board of Equalization states:
Any organization that generates sales at Fairplex is required by Regulation 1802 of the California Uniform Local Sales and Use Tax law to accurately report those taxable sales at Fairplex to ensure that the City of Pomona receives the correct amount of Local Sales Tax. See the reference section for an information guide and copies of the proper forms from the California State Board of Equalization.
If your sales are ordinarily subject to sales tax, then you are required by the California State Board of Equalization to have a valid California Seller’s Permit. In addition, if you have a valid Seller’s Permit, but it does not list Fairplex, you are required by law to designate Pomona as the location for the 1% Local Sales Tax generated from the event on the State Board of Equalization’s BT-530-B Local Tax Allocation Form for Temporary Sales Locations, and include it with your Sales and use Tax Return payment.
12. Vendors may share a space (with prior SCFF approval), so long as both vendors have submitted an application and can provide necessary documentation.
13. Refund Deadline: October 1, 2023. Any vendor cancellation that occurs before October 1 is entitled to a partial refund. SCFF will retain $50.
14. Any cancellation after October 1 will not receive a refund.
15. Security will be provided throughout the event, but SoCal Fiber Fair (SCFF) and Fairplex assume no responsibility for any loss or damage to any work, display, vehicle, or person.
16. Electricity and Wi-Fi will be provided by Fairplex. The onsite venue team will be on hand to remedy any problems that may arise. The Fiber Fair team cannot be held responsible for any possible outages that may occur.
17. Parking per vehicle (vendors and attendees) is $17 per day. This fee is set by the venue and is non-negotiable.
18. SoCal Fiber Fair reserves the right to ask any Vendor to leave if they violate any part of this agreement, refuse to comply with requests of SCFF, or are found to be abusive or disruptive to attendees, vendors, or staff. SCFF Will not be liable for any monies or damages incurred by exercising this right.
Click here to electronically sign contract and pay booth fees.